I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 27, 2012

12.27.12

Psalms 146:8b The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly.
 
My Thoughts
This verse made me smile this morning!!  It is so true.  It took me so long to learn this...and still I fall into my old habits sometimes.  But then I get my wits about me and I turn to God. The very minute I do this...the very minute I take the problem that is weighing me down and I say, "God please help me with this!"  I feel that weight, that seems to be pushing me into the dirt of the earth, fall from me.  I feel a smile cross my face and I feel the words deep in me that say, "I have it now, it is going to be ok!"   I get better and better at giving things to God because each time I do I feel the difference in my life.  Sometimes I am bad to take my worries about something back...but that is ok... because I have learned to give them back to God as many times as it takes!!   I am growing all the time!!  The more I grow in God the less I find myself pushed down into the dirt!!  I am  constantly amazed at how God takes my smallest problems and my biggest problems.  He cares about everything, every single thing that tries to worry me. 
 
I find that when I trust in God I find victory in my life. Each victory helps me trust more.  And the more I trust the more victories I have.  It is like a snowball... each time down a hill the bigger and strong my trust grows.  The bigger my faith grows...the smaller all my problems look!!  How grand is that!!
 

No comments: