I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, December 22, 2012

12.22.12

Psalm 141:3-4 Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips. Don't let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don't let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong.
My Thoughts
I read this and thought, "How would I word this today??"
Dear God,
Oh please watch my mouth! Don't let me say anything unkind to or about anybody. Please stop me in my tracks if I find myself doing so!! Don't let me be pulled into bad things through comedy or entertainment. Please help me recognize evil for what it is evil. Help me to recognize when Satin tries to slip evil into my life and make it seem ok so that I can turn away from it. And God please don't let me be dazzled by the things people have who have done wrong to get it. So dazzled that I take part in what they have. In Jesus name, amen.
I find that when I put these things in words that fit today...when I take time to understand them that way...they drop down in my heart better and I can remember them so much better. I am finding that I need to read and hear God's word over and over and over again. It makes me so happy... it makes me feel great joy when I find myself finally able to do what God has ask me to do without effort.
I find that the the steps I go through are theses; recognizing what is wrong, then knowing I have done wrong immediately after I have done it, then know I shouldn't do it just before I do it, then stopping myself in the middle and finally one day I hear the Holy Spirit right off stopping me before I get started...when I get there...I smile at myself and joy fills my heart.

No comments: