I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Revelations 23:6 Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the church's.

My Thoughts
This verse is repeated after each letter to the seven churches.  We are told here, by Jesus,  that we must listen and understand. 

If we don't understand we should ask God to help us.  We don't want to miss a thing. Jesus was sent with a message for us and it is important that we make every effort to understand that message. It is on us if we listen or not. We can't make excuses. 

When we go to a book store there are thousands of books... but no book in our bookstore takes up as many shelves as the different Bibles take up.  God has made sure they are there for us.. Written in enough ways there is one that each of us can understand enough to read.  If we pick one up and do our part God will do the rest!! 

No comments: