I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 28, 2012

12.28.12

Zechariah 12:1 This message concerning the fate of Israel came for the Lord: "This message is from the Lord, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundations of the earth, and formed the human spirit."
 
My Thoughts
I love this part. "... and formed the human spirit." If we look around us at all the disasters that have happened in the last few months, the last few years... over lifetimes of history, the human spirit always triumphs.  Look at how the human spirit has moved so many people to do so many sweet things in the wake of the New Town school shooting.  First the spirit of the heroes...then of the community...then of the country.  Strangers showing up from miles away to show support for these families.  The human spirit survives in such tragedies because it is God made!! 
 
The human spirit shows in men who go off to work day after day after day to hard jobs to feed their families.  In mom's who get out of their sick bed to make sure their children are fed, and clothed and dressed for school.  It shows in servicemen who, most often at very young ages defend the freedom of people they don't even know.  It shows in the acts of hero's each and every day, in stories we never hear.  The human spirit shows in a mother giving birth. It shows when a big sister takes the hand of a little brother to help him.  It shows in grown man runs down the stairs to hug his sister goodbye.  It shows in the loving wrinkles of a couple that has been together for 40 years that walk down the hall holding hands. The human spirit shows in the heart of a dieing person that waits against all odds until the last family member is there to say good-bye.
 
The human spirit triumphs only because it is God made!!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy your OYB Blog.
Thanks very much for taking the time to post this blog these past three years...just wanted to let you know that you are heard on the internet...God bless you