I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 14, 2012

12.14.12

Jonah 3:3-5&12 This time Jonah obeyed the Lord's command and went to Nineveh, a city so large that it took three days to see it all.  On the day Jonah entered the City he shouted to the crowds: "Forty days form now Nineveh will be destroyed!" The people of Nineveh believed God's message, and from the greatest to the least, they declared a fast and put on burlap to show their sorrows. 10 When God saw what they had done and how they put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened.
 
My Thoughts
Nineveh was a wicked, wicked city... so wicked that God decided it needed to be destroyed.  God gave them one more chance... he sent a messenger, Jonah to tell them that they were doing too much evil and that he would destroy them.  When the people turned from their evil and showed God that the were really sorry for that evil God saved the city and all its people... Because God loves all of His people.
 
These people were evil!!  God still loved them...God wanted to give them a chance!  When they turned to God our gracious loving God showed the city of Nineveh mercy. 
 
God loves each of us that much. It doesn't matter what we have done if we cry out to God and are willing to change God will hear us. God will show us mercy and give us His grace to do better and better and better.
 
God sent Jonah when the people were ready to listen... Jonah said so few words but the people heard Jonah.  The people turned back to God.  As long as we hear God calling to us it is never too late. God loves us so much and He wants to make our lives better... He wants to bring us to live in heaven with Him.   God never stops loving us ever!! 

No comments: