I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 10, 2012

12.10.12

Amos 2:4 This is what the Lord says: "The people of Judah have sinned again and again, and I will not let them go unpunished! They have rejected the instructions of the Lord,  refusing to obey his decrees.  They have been lead astray by the same lies that deceived their ancestors. So I will send down fire on Judah, and all the fortresses of Jerusalem will be destroyed."
 
My Thoughts
The part of this verse that really got me to thinking today was this, "They have rejected the instructions of the lord, refusing to obey his decrees. They have been lead astray by the same likes that deceived their ancestors."  God to me is saying, "Not knowing is not an excuse, believing what other say is not an excuse. I have given you clear history and clear instructions." 
 
We have our Bibles... Pastor David is always telling us that when we hear something we need to check it against God's word to see if it is true. Here it tells us "Well I thought..." is not going to work when we face our judgment day.  It is not going to work because we have God's word available to us. It has survived year after year after year....because God made sure that it did.  Because God wanted us to have His word and know what He says. 
 
The wonderful thing about God's word is that it is always true. It stands the test of time. It is the same yesterday as it is today...and will be for all the tomorrows to come.  And it says in God's word that if we seek wisdom that we will find it!  So if we seek to understand, if we need to know something God will make sure that that wisdom drops down into our hearts.  But we have to be seekers.. we have to be do-ers.  We have to measure what we hear against what God tells us. 
 
We can't decided not knowing doesn't matter. We can't decided that ignorance is bliss.  We can't decide that someone else knows the Bible so what they say is true.  Satin himself used God's word against Jesus to try and trip Him up. He will use it against us through people to trip us up.  When we know God's word for ourselves...we can use God's word, like Jesus did to win our battles against Satin. 
 
There have been a few things that I have believe about the Bible that I have heard people say in my life.  These things sounded really good.  I like them because they seemed to let me off the hook. But as I have read God's word I have learned that what I believe was wrong...I would have never known the difference if I had not picked up my Bible. I would have been held accountable for those wrongs I was doing if I had not learned the difference and asked for forgiveness. 
 
God give us His word so we will know. So we will grow. So we will have the opportunity not to repeat the sins of the past... of past generations and of our past.  God loves us enough to make sure it was all written down so we could learn and grow. 
 
We can see that a child needs to pick up a book to learn to read... we so totally understand that it is important to that child's life, that it is essential in their ability to live...yet we will let our Bibles collect dust on a shelf.  We send children off to school for 7 - 8 hours a day... they come home for their job of learning and we expect them to do their homework.. their work at home so to speak.  We tell them that it is important that they must make time for that homework. We expect them to set aside things they enjoy, things that they would rather do, other things that seem important to them. We expect them to do it even if they are tired.....because their homework is so important to their ability to live a good life in this world.  Our Bibles, God's word is more than that important to our lives.. we need to pick them up every day and renew our minds. We need to set aside everything else for a few moments of our day to make sure that we know and understand God's word.  We need to know it!! Not so we can pass to the next grade...but so we can pass on to a better life when this life is over.  We need to treat reading and knowing God's word as important as we treat our children's homework. We need to know our History so that we understand how important it is to choose to live under the protection of the Almighty. 
 
When a child ask another child the answer to a test question if that answer is wrong he doesn't get to blame it on the child he ask.. his answer is still marked wrong.  We have been given God's word to read for ourselves. If we get the answer wrong because we believe somebody else's answer we will still be held accountable.  We need to get busy learning and growing... God expects us to get our homework! 

No comments: