I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 20, 2012

12.20.12

Psalms 139:17-18 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up you are still with me.
 
My Thoughts
How precious is this verse!!  It makes me smile every time I read it.  First I think of a jar filled with sand and how I could not even begin to count those grains of sand...then I think of walking along the beach in Florida and how it stretches as far as I can see before me and behind me... to think of those grains of sand as thoughts precious thoughts that God has for me!!!  And for you!!  Wow!  Then there is way more beaches than just that one beach in Florida...and the desert is filled with sand.  God is thinking precious thoughts about us more than every second of our lives.  Think of the person you love most in the world... as much as we think of that person our thoughts for them in a lifetime would probably not equal the number of grains of sand in a jar.. much less the beach!  Yet God's thoughts of us outnumber the grains of sand!  And God thinks of us with pure love!!  How could we not love Him back?!
 
Then there is this part "...when I wake up you are still with me." That means that God is right beside us all night long, watching over us.  God is with us always... waiting for us to reach out and take His hand and depend on Him for all our needs.
 
I love God so much...I love how He loves me.  This verse creates in me one of those moments when I want to take every body's face in my hands and say with a sweet loving, concerned for them smile on my face, "God loves you so much!!  Please understand that... He love you so much that He things precious thoughts about you more that 100 times every second of every day!!" 

No comments: