I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 24, 2012

12.24.12

Proverbs 30:24-28 There are four things on earth that are small but usually wise.  Ants--they aren't strong, but they store up food all winter. Hyraxes--they aren't powerful, but they make their homes among the rocks. Locust--they have no king but they march in formation. Lizards--they are easy to catch, but they are found even in kings' palaces.
 
My Thoughts
This verse really struck me.  What could I learn from these animals if they are so wise.  Ants aren't strong but they store up food all winter. How could that apply to me... well this tells me that no matter my ability if I keep at something eventually I can accomplish it. Even if it does take me a season to do so.
 
There the Hyrases--they are not powerful, but they make their homes among the rocks.  This one is easy... they put their homes in a place that is stronger then they are... a place where their predators can't get to. The rocks are the strength of the Hyrases... God is the strength of us...so we need to live with God and He will keep us safe...we don't have to be powerful because God is powerful for us.
 
The Locust-- they have no king but they march in formation.  There is nobody to tell the Locust what to do..yet they do what they need to do anyway and it makes the mighty and strong.   God give us a choice... to be powerful we need to surround ourselves  with Godly people and do what is right... together we can be strong.
 
The lizard is easily caught but is found in Kings' palaces.  Oh I had to think on this one...but I think it is that lizards are so quiet...their silence gets them near kings.  Is this example telling us that to get near to God we need to be quiet?  I hear God in the quiet.. too often it is not quiet enough!  Just now I stopped to feel the quiet..to see if I could feel God... I did! He told me He loves me and that I am doing good!!   How many things do I miss because I don't get in the quiet? How many people could we influence by just keeping quiet?

No comments: