I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 3, 2012

1 John 3:7-9 Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: when people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous.  But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning.  But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil.  Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning, because God's life is in them.  So they can't keep on sinning because they are children of God. 
 
My Thoughts
I use to skip right over the Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this part...and see only the warning... the warning seemed harsh and scary... it could make me feel like I could never win which in turn could just make me give up completely. 
 
Now when I read this I feel like that through John, God is taking my face in His hands and lovingly saying, "Jeannie, sweet dear Jeannie... I love you and I need you to hear this!!!  People are going to tell you that sin is OK, I will forgive it... they will say it doesn't matter what you do as long as  you "love" God you can ask forgiveness. Don't let them get you all mixed up and confused!!!  Don't let the Devil himself convince you that all is OK as long as  you go about your business then ask forgiveness.  Will you mess up? Yes you will!!  You live in that human body on earth where Satin is trying to trip you up at every turn.  Will I forgive you when you mess up? Yes I will if you are my child I will forgive you!!!  If you have chosen me, if you believe in my Son I will forgive you!!!  I will forgive you and I will give you my grace to do better.  But I need you to be very aware that you make choices all the time.  And in those choices you choose me or you choose Satin.  You can not chose me by work and Satin by your actions.  Your actions show who you love.  Your actions don't get you into heaven your love does... but your love for me, changes your actions.  You actions show your heart!! I love you and I want you to be very aware of this.... because I want you to live your life out in Heaven with Me. I want to shower you with My love, but I can't do that if what is in your heart separates you from Me!! When you mess up in your efforts I can forgive you!!  But when you are always choosing Satin over me you are not forgiven because you are not my child.  If you are doing that, be aware that you are and become my child so I can forgive you, so that I can pour my grace out on your life and help you grow." 
 
God is not pointing His finger in our face and calling us awful and evil... God is taking our face in His hands and saying .. don't be fooled child, Satin is the master deciptor ... hear my words!! I love you and want you with me!!!  God loves us so much!!  God loves us so much and He wants to make sure that we know that we are a child of His...and He is telling us to watch our actions because our actions will tell us if we really love God.  Our words can deceive us...but our actions tell us the truth.  God is saying, "Child look at your actions ...don't listen to your words!! I want  you to be mine, are you really mine? If you aren't lets fix that!!  So I can shower you with love!!"

No comments: