I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 9, 2012

9.9.12

Proverbs 19:11 Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs.
 
My Thoughts
The Amplified Bibles says it like this....Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense.  The definition of glory is very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent 2.something that is a source of honor, fame, or admiration; a distinguished ornament or an object of pride.
 
The devil tries to trick us by telling us we look like a fool if we don't stand up for ourselves.  I have heard people say, "I was not going to stand there and look like a fool."
 
Even if people don't respect us for overlooking wrongs, God does.  When we choose to please God over people, God takes care of the rest.  And if we control our temper and over look wrongs we get to walk away knowing that we have not done a thing to add to a bad situation.  We get to sleep good because we don't have to worry about what we have said in anger.  And when the devil tries to tell us what "we should have said," we get to say... I did what God ask me to do and God sees me as worthy of praise and honor because I walked away!! 
 
It is our choice, because God gives us a choice. We can be sensible, God give us His grace and makes it possible to be sensible...then after God gives us His grace, to be strong and walk away, God give us glory.  How amazing is that... God makes us able and rewards us for it!  Our part is to make the right choice and depend on God to do the rest.

No comments: