I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 2, 2012

9.2.12

Ecclesiastes 3:22 So I saw that there is nothing better than for people to be happy in their work. That is why we are here! On on will bring us back from the death to enjoy life after we die.
 
My Thoughts
Here King Solomon is pondering life...trying to figure out the meaning... he is not finished pondering yet.  But this verse made me think, "We don't get a do over on any day we have, we need to find the things in our day to enjoy!"  Some people live whole lives and never enjoy more than a few hours of that life.  The only way to enjoy life is to be thankful for what God has given us...to see each good think in our life as a gift from God.  To do that we have to remember, make an effort, to be aware of the good.  When we become aware of the good around us, and how much it is a gift from God our life changes.... even though our it will looks much the same from the outside on the inside we will be different.  We we see life through new eyes and we can go for miserable to happy.  The choice is ours.. to look for what we don't have and never see what we do have... or to look at all that we do have and recognize the blessings from heaven when they fall down on us. 

No comments: