I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 19, 2012

9.19.12

Isaiah 31:1 What sorrow awaits those who look to Egypt for help, trusting their horses, chariots, and charioteers and depending on the strength of human armies instead of looking to the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.
 
My Thoughts
I love how differently I see Bible verses as I grow to know God more!!  This is my third time through the Bible...and my favorite time... just think how I will feel in a few more years!!  It is exciting!!
 
Here in this verse this city of people were dependent on Egypt.  They had made friends with Egypt!  Egypt had proved to be a strong army with many horses and chariots... they had a huge army!  The looked like they could win any battle. From a human perspective that didn't take God into account it looked very much like the right thing to so.  This city of people didn't put their trust in God, they put their trust in people, in the world.  They were trampled. 
 
There are accounts in the Bible where small cities defeated huge, strong cities... one time God even had Joshua to weed down his troops to 300 men so that the city about to be defeated would know that it was defeated by God... So that Joshua and his people would know that God would protect them because they loved God. 
 
We face different kinds of battles today.  But they are battles non the less.  They are our battles, our own personal battles.  With people, with jobs, with people, with family. With sick bodies. With day to day life.  We often go about asking people how to solve our problems... sometimes people that seem really wise.  No wonder we stumble and fall, even when we have the "smartest" advise.  We didn't ask God.  God knows all the people involved. God knows our hearts and their hearts.  God knows the answers and will protect us if we are seeking after Him. He will protect us if we go to Him for the answers. He will put the right people in our paths that speak His words of wisdom.  He will help us win our battles, overcome our struggles no matter what they are.  Even if we are a small single person going up against a huge corporation we can win with God on our side.  But we, us, me and you... it is up to us to do the seeking of God.  God is always there waiting for us to ask Him to join in the battle.  Do you know why God waits for us to ask??  Because until we ask we are not ready to listen and do!!
 
Do you have a battle you want to win??  Ask God what to do!!!   I need to get busy asking God about a lot more things in my life.

No comments: