I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 29, 2012

9.29.12

Ephesians 6:10-12 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all the strategies of the devil.  For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rules and arteries of the unseen world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
 
My Thoughts
We have to know God's word, we have to be in constant prayer... we have to be always drawing God near to us.  It is how we fight the evil that is in this world.  It is the only way to fight the evil in this world.  It is why we are to pray for the people we see as our enemies, the evil has gotten a hold of them and used them. We are stronger when they are strong in God with us!!  Evil can not win against God! It is impossible! So evil can not win against us if we choose to have God on our side.  We have the choice to choose to be one of God's children and then each day we have the choice to renew our minds in Him.  Each day we can choose to put on the armor of God which is truth, peace of the Good News, faith and salvation  (verses 13-17).  God gives us what we need to fight the evil in this world and win against it.  We just have to choose to use what God gives us.  When we do we can have victory. 

No comments: