I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9.26.12

James 12:13-17 13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.

17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

My Thoughts

This part really stuck in my head  "What you ought to say is, 'If the Lords wants us to, we will live and do this or that.'" I thought, "How many things would I choose not to do if I start my plans with 'If the Lords wants me to I will _____." This would make us really aware of our plans and if they will please God.  It would make us more acute listeners of the Holy Spirit, I think.  We would be more likely to hear the Holy Spirit say "You should not do that!" or "You need to do this." It would make me more aware of needing to ask God what He wants me to do that day.  I need this phrase to drop down into my spirit for sure!! 

No comments: