I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9.25.12

Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.  And may your have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  May you experience the love of Christ though it is too great to understand fully.  The you will be made complete with all fullness of life, and power that comes from God.
 
My Thoughts
Wow I love this!!  I feel like somebody prayed it over me, just for me and that the prayer is being answered.  The more I know God, the more I water my life with God's word and surround myself with people that love God, the more I feel my roots grow down into God's love... the stronger I get!! The more I read and learn the more I understand how much God loves me.
 
I love that I now know that God, before I was even born, knew every mistake I would ever make and He choose to love me still.  I love that before Jesus was sent to this earth to die for my sins, God knew what my sins would be and He still loved me. He didn't tell Jesus that He was going to go and walk the earth and teach about God and die for every body's sins but mine... He told Jesus that He was going to go and walk the earth and teach about God and die for ever body's sins including mine! The conversation may have went like this  "Jesus when you die on the cross you are dieing for Jeannie too, she has really messed up in lots of ways but I love her so much!  One day she will understand how much I love her, she will understand that you died for her. She is worth it just because I love her!!" Then Jesus said "Yes God, I love her too!"
 
The thing is that God had that conversation with Jesus about each and every one of us! God wants us to know He loves us. Jesus died for each of us because of that great love!!  God said in Philippians 1:6 that He will finish the work He began in us until the day that Jesus comes.  God knows our faults, that is why He sent Jesus. He knew our faults before He sent Jesus and He loves us just the same!!  More than anything He wants to make our lives better!!  I just get excited thinking about it!!

No comments: