I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, September 17, 2012

9.17.12

Galatians 3:22 But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God's promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ.
 
My Thoughts
I use to think of salvation as a thing that happened. Now I think of it as an ongoing process.  Once I believe in Jesus I am going to heaven. I do believe that.  But the more I know Jesus, the more I believe in Jesus the more I receive a daily salvation here on earth.  The more I grow in Jesus, the better my life gets.  I love how it is worded in Philippians 1:6 "He that began a good work in me will carry it to completion until the day of Jesus." God begins a good work in us the day we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior... God works on that good work every day in our lives all the way until Jesus comes back.  Making our lives better and better and better. Our part is to listen to the Holy Spirit inside of us. Our part is to pick up that instruction book on life, the Bible, and read it and learn and grow and get to know Jesus more and more and more.  The more we know Jesus, the more we know God the better our daily salvation becomes.
 
When I look at my whole life laid out before me, not sinning seems impossible, and it probably is.  But if I look at just today, it seems possible for today, God grace makes it possible for us to be free from sin.  Will we mess up sometimes? Sure we will! But that should never ever keep us from trying for today to have a day free from sin.  If we take one day at a time, renew God word in our hearts, listen to the Holy Spirit inside of guiding us...use Jesus as our compass we won't have to be a prisoner of sin!!  God keeps working with us! Day by day by day, God works with us...Jesus died for our sins so that we could be free, so we could have a better life. Our part is to take advantage of that by getting to know Jesus more and more and more...by learning to hear and learning to listen to the Holy Spirit... our part is to stay in communication with God...then God does the rest!!

No comments: