I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 28, 2012

9.28.12

Ephesians 5:5 You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God.  For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. 
 
My Thoughts
This bites!!!  I thought of ways right off that I am greedy.  It is more in little ways than big ways...but I can be greedy.  I use to be really greedy about yarn... I would buy more than I could use...I made myself get better about that one...I buy what I need for what I am making at the time now and I still end up with too much yarn.  I love looms... I am terrible to to think "I NEED a new loom!" without stopping to figure out if a loom I have will do the job.  When I fix our plates out night I can be really greedy about the meat... I am picky about meat and Robby isn't so I often give myself the better piece... I have gotten better about that, but sometimes I deceive myself into thinking I am not being greedy by asking Robby which piece he wants. He always gives me the best piece. If I were not being greedy I would not ask, I would just give him the best piece (sometimes I do, but not all the time). There is a new yarn craft I want to try and I want everything I need to do it!!  I am also really greedy with "me" time!!   There are some other ways I am greedy but this is not a share all..it is a learn to be a better person, a godly person, a person that is right with God person. 
 
I wonder how many times I have had an opportunity to buy a person lunch...but I was greedy with my "yarn" money and passed up on the chance to bless somebody?  How many times has God used the Holy Spirit to prompt me to do something that would make me "have less?"  We can get the concept of God doing for us when we do for others...but do we always trust that He will? 
 
This verse puts greed in there with immoral and impure... right there all in the same sentence.  We have become a world that "keeps up with the Jones'" instead of taking care of the Jones'. The sad thing is that it "feels" okay to do so!  After all TV tells us that it is okay to put those priceless moments on our credit cards!  We have become greedy not only with money that we do have...we now use money that we don't have to satisfy our greed. 
 
I think greed is probably one of Satin's favorite tools.. if he can keep our eyes on what we think we "have" to have... we will not take time to notice those people that don't have things that that "have" need of. 
 
I need to step back and make sure that my "needs" are not me being full of "greed."
 
 

No comments: