I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 14, 2012

9.14.12

James 5:9 Don't grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or  ou will be judged. For look--the Judge is standing at the door!
 
My Thoughts
First, God is always there watching, always!!  Second, have you ever noticed that when there is lots of talking going on ... if it is not planning for something it is usually grumbling.  We are a world of complainers.  We even grumble about people grumbling.  I have really noticed it on Facebook the last few weeks.. people are grumbling about the upcoming election...then people are grumbling about people grumbling about the upcoming election.
 
In the work place people are either busy working and planning... or they are grouped together grumbling.  We go about all the time grumbling.  We grumble if we have too many places to be...and we grumble if we have no place to go.  Grumble, grumble, grumble... I can't believe that there were not 8 dwarfs in Snow White.  There should have been Grumbley too. 
 
God is always there, standing at the door... you know the one our back is facing... listening to our grumbles.  He has given us so very much,  yet when we open our mouths He hears our grumbling.  If we can be spouting thankfulness and praises, if we can't remember to notice the joy that God has given us then the least we could do is keep our mouths shut and quit grumbling about life...and especially about each other. 
 
We grumble about the people in this world we love the most... what if.. what would happen... to us, to our relationship with those people and with God... if when we opened out mouths it was to speak out loud what a blessing the people around us are??  Just imagine how different our reaction to them calling, or walking through the door would be if all day we has spent being thankful for all that they bring to our lives. 
 
If we can't speak thankfulness and praises... at least God, as he stands at the door listening to us, should hear silence, not grumblings. I am going to work on that one!!  In James chapter 3 it talks about our tongue being so hard to control.. it says that if we could control our tongue that we could for sure control the rest of what we do.  What if we made a commitment to start by controlling the grumblings of our  mouth. Will you make that effort with me today???

No comments: