I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 15, 2012

9.15.12

Psalms 59:16-17 But as for me, I will sing about your power.  Each I morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.  O my Strength, to you I will sing praises, for you, O God, You are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love.
 
 
My Thoughts
Wow!!  These verses so explain yesterday's verse that I wrote about from James about not grumbling.  In the verses before David is talking about his enemies ...they are at his door, evil is on their lips, they are criminals and murders there to ambush him.  If there was ever a time to grumble and complain it would be then... people wanted to kill David!!  But David didn't complain, David didn't grumble! David sang about God and his power. David was thankful that God kept him safe. David sang praises!!
 
David was able to sing praises even in a scary time because his hope, his eyes were on God.  David put his future and his present in God's hands.  His life didn't depend on what was happening around him.. his life depended on God.   And God kept David safe, because David loved God. 
 
It is no wonder that we grumble about each other, about our jobs, about our government, so many of us put our hopes and the responsibility for our happiness and joy in people, in our jobs and we want our government to protect us.  So often our hopes are dashed by people. 
 
When we grumble about people, about our jobs, about our government it is proof that we have put our hopes in the wrong place... our grumblings are a manifestation of where we have put our hope.  God will take care of us, God will fill us with joy no matter what is happening in this earth around us.  If we are able, in these times to sing praises, and to go about without grumbling it is a direct result of where we have placed our hope!!  It is a direct result of God taking care of us because we keep our eyes on Him!! Because we keep our heart on Him!!  Because we put our trust, our lives in His hands. 
 
David was facing something that most of us in America don't face... David's enemies were at his door, ready to take his life! Yet David kept singing!!  We can too if we just put our faith, if we put all we have in God's hands!!
 
 
 


No comments: