I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 27, 2012

9.27.12

Proverbs 24:5-6 The wise are mightier than the strong, and those with knowledge grow stronger and stronger. So don't go to war without wise guidance; victory depends on having many advisers.
 
My Thoughts
We are at war every day in our lives.  We are at war against Satin and all the evil that he surrounds us with here on earth. God made sure that we have in our hands advice from many wise men who loved Him.  God spoke through them and saved those words so that we could use them today.  When we search them out God has placed many people in our lives who are wise, who know Him, who will share their wisdom, if we just ask.  We need that wisdom to fight and win the battles we face each day!! 
 
In the Book of James, James tells us, "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." (James 1:5). God is waiting to grow our wisdom. God wants to make us stronger and stronger. God wants to equip us for victory over the world.  Verse 6-8 go on to say, and this is important, "But when you asked Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.  Do no waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do." 
 
We get some wisdom right here where we are told we can ask for it... depend on God...not on earthly wisdom and Godly wisdom. You can't depend on both. 
 
It is not that God does not want to help us and He is being stuborn.  It is that God knows that until you are truly ready to depend on Him, He can drop all the wisdom you would ever want down into you brain and you won't use it. 
 
Since I have been eating right I understand this more, the part about God not helping us until we total depend on Him.  I have people write me and ask me about eating right, they see that I feel better and they want to feel better!!  I can tell right off as I start talking to them if they are really interested or if they wanted a quick, easy fix, by what they say.  Sometimes they are just not commited and until they decided that feeling better is more important to them than that food that is bad for them, they are not going to do it different. What I have learned from that is this; God knows when we are ready to receive His wisdom, God knows when we are serious about doing things His way. When He sees that we are ready, He is more than ready to make us wiser and stronger, He is more than ready to send down His grace to make us able.  But, God give us free will, He gives us a choice, He does not force Himself on us. So He sits back and waits and when we are ready for that wisdom He has all stored up for us He sends it down with such a rejoicing...I imagine He sings with the angles, He throws a party, He celebrates! Because He knows that we are ready for Him and that now He will be able to make our lives so much better, God through His Glory will finally be able to give us victory!!  But we have to choose His victory!!  We have the choice of wisdom...we have the choice of God's wisdom.  Are you ready?? I took me years to be turly ready for God's wisdom... but now I get so excited each time He grows me more!!

No comments: