I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 21, 2012

9.21.12

Galatians 6:15-16 It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation. My God's peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the now people of God.
 
My Thoughts
Today this could say, "It doesn't matter if you have the 'I am a Christian' t-shirt or bumper sticker. It matters if your actions are that of somebody that loves God.  May God's peace and mercy be on the people who's actions show how God has changed them; they are now the people of God."
 
This is how this has played out in my life.
 
When I was about 9, I "asked Jesus into my heart." not because He loved me and I loved him right back...but because I didn't want to go to Hell!!!  Who does?  Then I spent a whole life time of trying to be good enough for God to love me ... not because I knew Him enough to even feel how much He loved me but because I didn't want to go to Hell!!  Did I believe in Jesus? I did... because I had heard about Jesus all my life. I believed He died for my sins!  Well I believed He died for "our" sins.  But I never really trusted that Jesus died for my sins!! For me!!  So I keep trying to be good enough to stay our of Hell... I kept failing at it, because I was not relying on God's grace to help me. I would give up for a while and not really try at all. I felt like I was a Christian, after all I HAD asked Jesus into my heart. That is all I had to do?? Right??
 
Then I was given a One Year Bible, by my son, who I taught about God and Jesus. My son who I took to Church and Church camp.. who "got it" long before I did.  I started reading that Bible and I got to really know God. I got to really understand that Jesus died for ME. I finally understood that the only way I could be "good" was with God's grace. I finally knew, really knew Jesus. Finally I had a real relationship with God. And day by day, more and more I was able to turn things in my life over to God.  God began to change me!! God began to make me able.  Now my actions are that of a Child of God...I new feel like one of God's people. Now I feel confiding that if I were to die today I would see the face of God!  Not because I acted "right." but because God loves me and I love God, because Jesus died for My sins too!!  God is changing me and growing me every day. Each day I feel more joy and peace and love!  I am growing in confidence, not because of my abilities, but because I know that God loves me. He loves me even when I mess up and I am always messing up!! Now I can be like that child that runs to his earthly daddy with a broken toy that says "fix it." I can run to God and say, "I messed up God, fix me!" And right then I feel God start working in me, teaching me how to do it better next time. We don't have to do better... we have to believe Jesus died for our sins because He loves us so much, because God loves us so much. Then we keep our eyes and hearts on God... we call our for his grace and He makes us better! We go from seeing the information in the Bible as rules to follow... to seeing the information in the Bible as tidbits of pure gold that will change our lives and make them better.  God is amazing, His love for us is amazing!! 
 
I would love to hold your face in my hands and look at you with all the love in my heart showing through my eyes and say to you "Take time to know God because He loves you so much!! Please don't miss out on all the blessings He has in store for your life!!" Then I would kiss your cheek and hug you up and pray with all my being that you hear me!!

No comments: