I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 18, 2012

9.18.12

Isaiah 28:29 The Lord of Heaven's Armies is a wonderful teacher, and He gives the farmer great wisdom.
 
My Thoughts
I got so excited about this verse that when the phone rang and interrupted me before I put my thoughts on paper, I felt like I already had... then I remembered that I had not.

The verses before explained about how a farmer knows just what to do.  I think that knowledge was sent to the farmer, by God,  in many forms. It was passed down, he could find it in book, some of the knowledge transferred from one plant to the other and sometimes the farmer didn't know how he knew he just knew.  Either way all of the knowledge that the farmer needed was given to him by God. God gives farmers great wisdom.

God gives us each great wisdom of some kind. The farmer can use his wisdom to feed his family, his community and sometimes people over the oceans.  I can loom knit, crochet, weave and spin yarn...I am even learning finally to knit on needles. I am not a good pattern follower, but God gave me the ability to look at something, take it apart in my head and figure it out.  I learn a little more and a little more all the time... God just keeps putting that knowledge in my head.  One day I prayed that I would learn to understand patterns and in a couple of weeks I noticed that I could, finally!, understand patterns.  God answered my prayers.  He is a wonderful teacher!!  What can I do with my yarn "art?" Bless others... God gave me the ability to loom and weave and knit and crochet to bless others!!  I believe that He gave me the passion I have to be able to sit for hours on end and knit away, so I could bless others.  One person at a time.  My knitting may not change the world, but God taught me how for a reason... and for all I know it may change one life...or at least one person's day! 

I am  not fully sure what the purpose of my loving yarn is.  But I do know that we are called to love others and I can love others with the things I make. 

We all have a purpose... God teaches each one of us...and He teaches each one of us different things. We each meed different needs in the world. We are all part of the body of Christ and we all have an important purpose.  We need to embrace the knowledge God gives us and us it for good, use it for God.  After all what we are good at is ours, our very own special, made for us, gift from God.

Some people have the gift to reach thousands... some of us have the gift to reach a hand full...some of us have the gift to reach just one person.  We tend to see the person that is intended to reach thousands as more important somehow. But think of it this way...what if you were some body's one person..what if you were the only person that that person was ever going to reach... how special you must be to God if he created that person just to make sure that you, YOU became a child of His!! How special is that!!!  It is special...so is the person that listens to God and reaches the one!!

We all have gifts that God gave just us.... we all have a purpose that is important to God and to man. The more we know God the better we can use that Gift, that knowledge that He placed in our hearts.

No comments: