I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 8, 2010

 Luke 17: 15-19 One of them, when he saw that he was healed, came back to Jesus, shouting, “Praise God!” 16 He fell to the ground at Jesus’ feet, thanking him for what he had done. This man was a Samaritan. Jesus asked, “Didn’t I heal ten men? Where are the other nine?  Has no one returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” And Jesus said to the man, “Stand up and go. Your faith has healed you"

My Thoughts
Ten people were healed that day and only one may came back to thank Jesus... Jesus just could not believe that only one person came back to give God the glory for what had been done in his life.... we can look at this and say "Can you believe that?"... but in America this is happening all the time.... we go about wanting more... instead of being thankful for the things that God has provided us with... we go to the doctor and get a shot that makes us better and we dismiss that God made that shot available to us...that we were healed because God made sure that we were healed... we go about whole days with more than we need... we have food, clothes, jobs, home with heat and air conditioning and we don't look up to God once during that day and thank Him for all that we have... I challenge you today to take time to be thankful ... today when you put on your clothes, get in your car, eat whatever it is that you want to eat... when you go to your job... or get to be at home in a warm dry place... when a family member or friend says that they love you or pats on on the back... be like the man that came back and thank God .... then tomorrow and the day after that... keep on remembering to thank God... stop and thank God right now... let me know how many of you took a minute to say thank you to God today!!...I myself am going to be more aware of all the things that God does for me!

No comments: