I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 13, 2010

11.13.10

Psalm 111:2 How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.

My Thoughts
Somehow as people, maybe all over, but here in the US I know, we seem to focus on the negative, what we don't have, what we are worried about, how somebody has wronged us, what somebody is not doing for us and the list goes on.  If you think about it so much goes right even in a bad day... but especially on the good days so very much goes right. Now, have you ever thought "How can I go about praising God all the time?"... well one way we can do that is to focus on the good in our life, the good in our day, the good in our moment! Would you want to be without a job? No of course not.... so in the mornings instead of compiling about going to work, say I am so thankful to have a job to go to...when you think "Oh, no today I have to do ___________ at work." replace those thoughts with the things a work that make you happy!... make the choice to focus on all the good in your life.. all that God has provided for you... there is so much to be thankful for in a day!!! Today I will be leaving Memphis, I am thankful for a good car that got me here and will get me home safe...I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my wonderful daughter and son-in-law... I am thankful that all worked out for Madison in her job.... I am thankful for the husband that she has that loves her...I am thankful that I am going home to see my sweet husband that I am lucky enough to miss.... I could instead be just complain about the drive home....so many times that is what my focus would be on... but will my day not be so much better when I take time to acknowledge the good!... I have become to believe that focusing on the good is praising God! and if focusing on the good in our life is praising God wouldn't focusing on the bad, constant complaining be praising the devil?.... do I still complain, yes... because old habits die hard...but I am working on this...I am working hard on this...when I find myself dwelling on something wrong in my day... I stop and I list all that I know that is good...I make a mental list of all the the things I am thankful for... my heart becomes happier... in the process I have started seeing the good in my day... we see what we look for... I challenge you today to acknowledge all that is good in your day.. take the time to praise God for all that is good!

No comments: