I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 6, 2010

11.6.10

Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

My Thoughts
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong, you really didn't want to do and wonder why that you did it?... we do those things because the evil forces get a hold of us.... this verse is so much a part of why we should forgive others... think about it don't we want to be good people... kind people... do what is right all the time... we do... we all do... but sometime the evil gets hold of us, or our friends, or our family... this is why we need to be forgiving.. this is why we need to pray for the people that hurt us... this is why we need to forgive everybody everything... it is the evil forces that used them against us... when we pray for the people that have wronged us it makes the evil not as strong...and it makes us stronger...and it makes the people around us stronger... God is greater than all the evil... if we put God in our lives God will win against the evil forces every time... we just need to be prepared with God's word and God's truth... surrounded in God's love and we can win out over evil every time... when we mess up...when we know "the devil just got a hold of me!" we want to be forgiven, don't we...then we need to forgive others and lift them up in prayer... when we are strong enough in God to this we become the winners every time.

No comments: