I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11.16.10

Ezekiel 34:18-19  Is it not enough for you to keep the best of the pastures for yourselves? Must you also trample down the rest? Is it not enough for you to take the best water for yourselves? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? All that is left for my flock to eat is what you have trampled down. All they have to drink is water that you have fouled.

My Thoughts
This verse really spoke to me today...in the 4 pages that I read this one seemed to just jump off the page.  It saddened me deep in my heart.  We do this in America when we make regulations to keep our land and water safe and then build plants in third world countries where we don't have to follow those regulations that keep the people safe.  We dirty their water and land... we cause sickness...but we live here all safe and sound!... these people that we put in harms way were made by God just like you and me!....You say..I said to myself  "How can I change this?".. I can vote for the people that will make the right decisions... I can be mindful of where things are made when I purchase them... I can send prayers up for our leaders...for our factory owners... I can send prayers up for these people in these countries to make wise decisions for  themselves... I can refuse to keep quiet when I disagree with the people around me act like other people just don't matter... this may not be much... but if we were all a bit braver... a bit more vocal... more active in prayer...if we all did that little part that we could do... we could begin to make a difference.

No comments: