I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 29, 2010

11.29.10

Psalm 119:133 Guide my steps with your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.

My Thoughts
I love this... I  added it to my prayers that I pray each morning.... over the last eleven months I have learned so much through reading the Bible.... one of the blessings I have gotten is that so many of the things that I use to make decisions about are not decisions at all when I know what God wants me to do... now that I know more of God's word I know what God would want me to do when situations arise and it is such a peaceful feeling to know that you know that you know that you are doing what is pleasing to God.... even if those actions don't please anybody else, if they please God everything will be okay.... I have always been such a people pleaser and that can make life really hard!!! .... now the choices I make are not dependent on people they are dependent on what God would want me to do and that can really narrow down the decisions I have to make... reading God's word and talking to Him each day is life changing... I always wondered why asking God into my heart didn't change me in an amazing way.... that is because I didn't take the time to get to know God, and all the things he has in store for me... It was like inviting somebody to live in your home with you and then putting them away in the attic and talking to them when you needed them, then only in a quick moment of forgive me, help me, do for me then closing the attic door again... if you did that you would never get to know somebody... I did that with God, I just didn't understand how to get to know God. Now God lives right beside me, not locked away in my attic...I talk to God, I read his instruction book for my life... I give God a chance to change me... and the journey has been amazing!

No comments: