I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11.24.10

1 Peter 3:4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.

My Thoughts
I always taught my kids "Pretty is as pretty does." and this is such a true statement... how many people have you met that you thought were beautiful...only to get to know them and never see them as beautiful again... then on the other hand we have all met somebody that didn't really catch our eyes at first and later when we got to know them could only see beauty!... We have all seen pictures of Mother Teresa... she was not this outstanding beauty... but if you know about her gentle spirit... if you have read about her kindness and read the words she spoke you see a picture of her at her oldest and most wrinkled and it can make you smile... you see beauty in that woman... My grandmother looked old as far back as I can remember... she would not have been somebody that you would have called beautiful at all.... but that is one of the most beautiful women in the world to me... her smile could light up a room... he smile was so sweet... her eyes smiled... my grandmother looked at me with this all encompassing love... when my grandmother smiled at me she was hugging me with her heart... I want to be the kind of person who's smile hugs you with their heart...I want to be the kind of person that bring peace into a room....and love into a room... I want to be so strong in my quite gentle spirit that I can make a person feel love even when I am far away... I want to be the kind of person that when God looks down on earth and sees me he thinks oh there is one of my precious children... I take great comfort in knowing even when others don't appricate me for being sweet, God does... I pray that I will at all times act in a way that when God looks down on me I will be precious to him...that at no time in the day will God be dissapointed in my actions.... This is a verse that I will put to my memory for sure.

No comments: