I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 5, 2010

11.5.10

Mark 11:25 "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

My Thoughts
Have you ever thought that God was not hearing your prayers?....sometimes there is a wall between us and God and it is caused by our unwillingness to forgive... think about it how can we ask God, who made us all, who loves us all to forgive us when we refuse to forgive somebody that he made and he loves.  Now I know some of you are thinking there are just some people that I can't forgive.... and I can understand that feeling... there have been people in my life that I didn't think that I could forgive...but that only put me in a place that made God not able to forgive me.... and there are some people that I have to keep forgiving....I start my prayers with the people I forgive.... when I started this I had to list their names but in my heart I had still wasn't very forgiving... but God saw that I was making an effort.... and each day I would forgive these people again...then again the next day and the next and the next...and God saw that I was trying... you know what God did??...he showered me with His Grace... and one day I found myself truly feeling that forgiveness when I spoke the words... did that forgiveness change that person, NO... but that forgiveness did change me... it set me free....when I was able to forgive that person no longer controlled parts of my days... every once in a while the devil tries to control parts of my days with a memory of how I was wronged and when he does I just look up to God and forgive that person one more time.... now when I feel my prayers stopping at the celling of my house I stop and say "Okay Jeannie, who do you need to forgive today?"... and I offer that forgiveness up to God and such peace comes over me... Have you ever though about somebody "Can you believe they ask me to do that!... when they won't do it themselves!!!"... well I imagine that God thinks that about us when we ask forgiveness for our sins...and we don't forgive the sins that have been committed against us.... You may be saying in your mind right now... "How does she expect me to forgive ______________."... Oh believe me I ask God the same thing about some people that have crossed my path in life... but I kept coming back to this verse thinking "How can I ever go to heaven if I don't forgive?"... so I just started offering up my forgiveness... and God sent down his Grace and made that forgiveness possible... Today will you try just saying to God I forgive ____________" and if you don't feel it, try again tomorrow... and tomorrow until you feel God's grace helping you!!... Let me know when  you have been set free  don't tell me what it is from just that you have been set free by forgiving....so that we can thank God together.

No comments: