I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 2, 2010

10.3.10

Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God.. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.

My Thoughts
So many times when we sin and we don't confess of those sins...we don't repent... we are not hiding them from God.. he already knows... we are hiding them from ourselves... if we don't admit our sins, if we ignore them... maybe they will just go away!... if we ignore  them maybe just maybe we are not the person we thought we were... well the first step in not being that person that you want to hide away, is acknowledgement of who we have been... and who we would rather be!!... God already know what we have done... we just need to face it so that we can be forgiven.... and God's forgiveness, well that gives us the peace that passes all understanding!!... the devil will try to take away that peace... the devil will try and get in your head and use that sin against you... but when God forgives, he forgives... and we can just tell the devil the we are free from that sin!!.. and that God will give us the power through his grace to do better and become a better person... we can tell the devil when he enters our thoughts, to tell us that we are bad people, that he can just move on because God has made us whole!!... the best thing about this verse is that God already tells us that he forgive us everything if we ask...this verse says  that he knows all that we have done and will forgive us anything in the mist of seeing all of our sins exposed... God wants us to be accountable .. to be aware of what we are doing wrong so that we will be aware enough not to do it again... God gives us strength through his grace to become better people... and we can only become better when we become accountable for our actions.... when we lie to God we are lying to ourselves... God already knows the truth... God wants us to know the truth so that we can become better... so that we can be better... God smiles down on us when we say "God I really messed up!" he smiles down on us then, because he can say "Oh look Jeannie IS finally learning!"... God wants us to know better so that we can do better so that we can be better!  Don't be so ashamed that you don't go to God with all that you are, God knows all that you are and loves you... God knows all that I am and loves me... God loves us so much that he cares if we get better at life and God want to pick us up and dust us off and show us the way... just reach up to God and say "Help me God, I messed up and I need you!"

No comments: