I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 19, 2010

11.20.10

James 3:17-18  But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness.

My Thoughts
Have you ever thought "I wish that I was a better person."... I think we all have... even the best people... God gives us instructions on how to be better people....We are all the time reading instructions...instructions on how to work our new phones, or our new TV's... instructions on how to cook a perfect cake... instructions on how to build a new project... have you ever gotten something new and you tried to do it without the instructions??... you could do part of it... but not all of it... have you ever really messed something up and thought "If I had only read the instructions."... if you life is messed up... read the instructions (the Bible).... if you life is going along pretty good...but you know there should be more... just like on those gadgets you know they could do more!!...then read the instructions!.... I have heard people say, I have said "If there were only an instruction book for life!"... there is... and since that instruction book produces wisdom, peace, gentleness, a willingness to yield to others... if it produces mercy and good deeds,,, if it will reap a harvest of goodness, and it will!!...then don't  you wish everybody would read the instructions!!... Remember you can be the change you want to see in others... you can be the person that plants the first seed.

No comments: