I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 27, 2010

11.27.10

2 Peter 1:5-7  For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith, goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

My Thoughts
God wants the best for us because he loves us... and for us to have the best we need to listen to what he teaches us.... we have decisions to make in our lives, we have choices to make ... we need to choose goodness... we need to make an effort to become more knowledgeable..... we need to practice self-control... we need to persevere to do right and good even when it seems hard... we need to strive to be like Jesus... me need to have affection for each other and remember that God made each and every one of us... we want our children to love each other... God wants he children to love and care for each other.... and above all we need to love each other... and treat each other like we love each other.... instead of always saying if ____ loved he they would.... we need to say what can I do to show ____________ how much I love them... when we are shopping at Christmas we need to treat other customers and the sales people, the people at the register like we love them... like we care about their day...we need to remember always, and especially during Christmas to treat one another with love.

No comments: