I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, November 18, 2010

11.18.10

James 1:22-24 But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what is says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.  For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in the mirror.  You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.

My Thoughts
Wow!!... this verse really packs a punch!!... We learn that all we have to do to go go heaven is believe Jesus is the Son of God and ask him to come into our hearts and to forgive us of our sins... then we go about doing all that we did before and feel safe... but if we don't get to know God... to know what he wants of us... it is a lot like meeting a star...shaking their hand and then boasting about knowing them... did we talk to them, spend time with them, get to know them... let them get to know us...would they know us if somebody said Jeannie Phillips says that she knows you... they would go "I don't know a Jeannie Phillips.".... In Matthew Jesus says   “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter." (Matthew 7:22)...we can't just be good and we can't just ask Jesus in our hearts...We have to do both... we have to take time to know Jesus and do the things God ask of us...some people are going to think this is not so but me I don't want to take the chance... when I walk up to those Pearly Gates I don't want Jesus to say "Oh I may have met her once, but I don't really know her."...I want Jesus to say..."Oh! its Jeannie, let her in!!"...I want Jesus to be excited that I am there... when we meet a person that becomes one of our dear friends they change us... we take on their traits... their words... they become a part of who we are... when we meet Jesus, we need to get to know Him enough that he truly changes us.

No comments: