I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11.9.10

John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in your, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you."

My Thoughts
I have a few things written down that I read every day before I begin to pray...it is right next to my prayer list... I feel like they are things that I need to always remember and they help me keep my eye on God... one of this is "When we live outside of the will of God, we forfeit his protection."... this reminds me that I always want God's protection... and God always wants my faithfulness... John-Robert (my son) gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas.... I had not been a faithful Bible reader before January 1st..... and oh how I wish I knew 30 years ago what I know now, what I have learned in this short year... I don't miss a day reading my Bible... if I go somewhere over night it goes with me.... I don't miss a day praying...and have actually learned to pray all through out my day... I have learned to live in God's will.... and I can not even began to tell you how much my life has changed this past year...  because I now live under the protection of God every single day... I want to say from the outside looking in you may not be able to tell it.... but I would be wrong...no too long ago a friend of mine said "Jeannie you glow! What is different"... I answered "I am reading my Bible every day now and God is being so good to me! ... God is what is different!"... I am learning how to live inside the will of God, and God is protecting me now... I have learned to "remain in God.." and to put his words into my heart... and I have learned that I can ask and oh the answers that I get...  a year ago if you asked me if I was going to Heaven I would have answered "I think so, I hope so"...and if you told me I was dieing I would have been terrified... today I would answer "Without a doubt I am going to heaven!" and if you told me I was dieing, I would be sad but I would know that wonderful things were on the other side for me!... that knowledge alone can change you life....I would tell anybody today that if you want your life to change for the better pick up that Bible and start reading!...and if you don't understand it, I didn't at first, keep on keeping on... ask God for wisdom... and watch your live change in amazing ways!

No comments: