I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 22, 2010

11.22.10

Romans 12:12  Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

My Thoughts
I love this verse... Before this year I would pray... at night when I remembered... when somebody was really sick... if somebody asked me to say a prayer for them I would stop and say that prayer so that I wouldn't forget.. Then for Christmas I received a One Year Bible from my son, John-Robert... we happened to have Christmas late last year... on New Years Eve... so fresh in thought on New Years Day was my Bible... I picked it up and vowed to myself not to let John-Robert down.... I read my daily reading... said a quick prayer and did the same the next day... as the days passed I understood more and more of what I was reading... and prayed longer and longer.... I started feeling the Holy Spirit and understanding when the Holy Spirit was speaking to my heart... Started Bible Study in March.... and got back in Church in May...I have been in Church on and off all my life....and tried to be a good person... had asked Jesus into my heart at 9.... But I had to be 48 and have my child (grown up child) put this Bible in my hand before I really, truly understood what "Having a relationship with Jesus" really meant... I can tell you now that when I start my day with God... reading and learning, talking to Him and trying to listen I can rejoice in confident hope, because I know all the promises of God.... I know without a doubt that God loves even me!!... I am much better about being patient in trouble...old habits die hard... but I am much more patient in trouble...I know that God is with me.... and after a few minutes I remember to reach out for God... and to know that I am not alone...well that IS priceless!.... and prayer well now I pray all the time... I start my day in prayer...I keep a prayer list so if you need prayer, I will be happy to pray faithfully for you!!... I pray all throughout the day.... and when I get stressed... I quickly relieve that stress (most the time I am good at this) with praises to God... I encourage you, if you don't have confident hope to get you a One Year Bible... a translation that is easy for you to understand and make time for God each day... I know, I know "when will you have time"... if you make time for God... God makes time for all the other things in your day that matter!  If somebody asked you today "Would you go to heaven if you died right now?" and your answer is yes...but your mind says "I sure hope so."... I encourage you to make time for God... A year ago I hoped I would go to heaven... today I know I will go to heaven... I hoped God would hear my prayers...now I know God hears my prayers... what a difference a prayer makes when you are confident in the knowledge that God hears you... if you are reading this and can't get a One Year Bible....but you want your life to change...let me know...I will make sure that you get your Bible.... I want everyone to feel what I feel when somebody aske me "If you died today would you go to heaven?"... I would say "YES!...and I can't wait to see the face of God and he is going to have his arms stretched out and I am going to get the best hug I have ever had!"... I love to imagine what that hug is going to feel like, it is going to be amazing, and comforting and I am going to feel such joy in that hug that it is going to make God smile!

No comments: