I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11.10.10

Psalms 108:1 My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart.

My Thoughts
I can thankfully say that this verse now applies to me... and that is a wonderful feeling.... A year ago I would have said I am a Christian, I would have said yes I love God and if you ask me if I was going to heaven I would have said I hope so... A year ago I didn't know all the promises of God for me even tho I have been in and out of Church all my life.... in fact a year ago I knew I was suppose to do for God, but didn't know how much God wants to do for me... a year ago I loved God because I was suppose to...A year ago I usually said my prayers at night at God..... A year ago I worked hard at being a good person and hoped that I was a good Christian.

Today I KNOW that I am a Christian... I love God with all my heart because I can't help it!.... I KNOW that I am going to heaven... Today I know the promises of God and that they are meant for even me!... Today I KNOW just how much God loves me.. and how much he wants to do for me.. for ME.. he wants to do things for ME!.... and I can't help but do things for him!... Today I love God with all my heart!!.... Today I start my day talking to God and I talk to Him when I fee joy, when I feel fear, I talk to him about my family and friends and my enemies, I know that he walks right beside me all the time...and I can feel when he is talking back to me... which is all the time.... Today through God's grace I am a good person, I am a good Christian.. Today "My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart." What a difference a year makes when you take time to read the Bible... to learn all that God is and has in store for you.. when you start your day with God.

No comments: