I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 26, 2010

11.26.10

1 Peter 4:10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts.  Use them well to serve one another.

My Thoughts
I use to think of these gifts as huge gifts or gifts that were spiritual in nature...in what we think as spiritual in nature...like the gift to preach ... or sing like an angel... But all gifts come from God... all our abilities come from God...some people can preach and some can sing...some people can paint... some people their gift is as simple as being sweet and kind...that is really a huge gift the gift to make somebody feel appreciated... the gift to add a bright spot to somebody's day.... I can make cards...it is easy to me so it doesn't seem like a gift at all.... but not everybody can do this...so it is a gift....and recently I learned to knit on a loom... people tell me I am really good at it...but to me it is just so much fun...and to me it is so easy.... so I don't think of it as a gift...I tend to think that if I, little ol me can do this anybody can do this... but that is not true... it is a gift that God has given me... I need to use the gifts to make people happy... to brighten their days.... I know my gifts are really simple gifts... but they are gifts that God gave me so they must be important gifts that I need to use wisely... what are you good at...what comes easy to you??.... lets say you are thinking I am only good at shopping!!... imagine how you could use that to serve somebody else...I am terrible at shopping... I don't put clothes together good... I really just hate to shop... but would love it if somebody that loves to shop would go with me one day and help me pick out a couple of nice outfits that made me look pretty!!... what is your gift...what is it that you enjoy because you are good at it???...how can you use that gift to serve other people??... lets get the ball rolling... tell me what it is you can do!!...and how you are going to use it!!
Hugs
Jeannie

2 comments:

anita said...

Hi Jennie, my gift is cooking, I love to cook, I also make cards for our troops to keep in touch with they loved ones. Have a blessed day. Anita

Elanie said...

Hi J,

I love to play the clarinet and bless others in this way, playing at weddings and blessing the bridal couple, also building a website for my home church, did not know that it would turn out to be a 'gift', but it's been a blessing to every person who's been part of it. I hope to discover more and more giftings as God shows me!

Blessings!