I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 4, 2011

12.4.11

1 John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children.  You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

My Thoughts
We have to deal with the things that the devil puts in the world all the time... the attitudes he plants in peoples heads.... the unkindness he puts in the world...the anger, oh the anger.  What we have to remember that the Spirit that God puts in us is so much greater that the spirit of the devil which abound on this earth!  When faced with dishonesty, unkindness, gossip, hatefulness.... we don't have to act like the world... we can act like God intended for us to act...we can act with love.... Even if another person does not accept that spirit of love that we draw upon, we can at least walk away feeling good about ourselves.  We can feel good because we choose love, we chose to listen to the Holy Spirit inside us... we chose not just to act like children of God, but to react like children of God.  The thing we must remember when we are faced with a situation where we want to lash out is... we do have the Holy Spirit to guide us...and to give us strength to do the right thing, even when it is the hard thing. We are never, ever alone when we stand up to the evil around us... God is always there, with his grace, equipping us with the things we will need to fight the good fight!! The world is not bigger that the Creator of the World...when we have God on our side all things are possible!!

No comments: