I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 22, 2011

12.22.11

Mark 4:19 I will not let the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke out the word, making it unfruitful.

My Thoughts
Oh wow...this is a good verse... it says to me that I need to keep God's word in my heart and mind and on my lips...not my worries...not my wants...God's word. When I do this God's word will take root and grow stronger than anything I might face.  The word of God is so powerful...more powerful than worry, more powerful than wealth or anything else we think we need or want!  But, God's word is only powerful if we us it...if we speak it... if we meditate on it. God gives us His word for our use, to change our lives for the better!  God has planted the seed in our lives...we are responsible for tending to it.  If we plant a garden and never again think about the plants in the garden because we are busy with other things those plants will die.  We have to think on God's word... we have to speak God's word.... our possibilities are endless when we use the power God has entrusted us with. Our part, and we always have a part, is to learn God's word so much that it is a part of who we are... that it is in all our actions, all of our conversations, all of our prayers... so that is reflected in our lives every part of every day!. I have so much to learn and so far to go.... I am so blessed that I have come this far. 

Thank you Dear God for your word...thank you that your word is living today.. thank you that your word was here in the beginning... is here now and will be here in the end... thank you for giving us such a gift.  Thank you for Jesus! Thank you for loving us so much! In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thank you for sharing with us each day God's precious word. May you and your family have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas this year!