I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 23, 2011

12.23.11

Zechariah 4:6 The he said to me, "This is what the Lord says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by the Spirit, says the Lord of Heaven's Armies."

My Thoughts
God was saying that Zerubbable could do what God wanted because God was giving him the Spirit. He wouldn't win because he was strong or because he was smart...he would accomplish what he was told to do by God because God was putting the Holy Spirit inside him to make it possible!

When we ask Jesus into our heart, God sends the Holy Spirit to live inside of us... giving us the ability, because of the Holy Spirit to do what God ask us to do!!  There is always a right answer to any problem.... and answer that God wants us to choose.... and answer that God gives us when we ask.  If we choose God's way, God makes it possible to accomplish what he tells us to do.  Even if the right answer is the hard answer God will get us through it because he has given us the strength of the Holy Spirit. When we choose God's way it is always easiest...if not in the moment, it is in the long run. God protects us when we choose to do what is right. God gave us the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit to get us through, to make us able, to help us stand against our enemy satin... God makes it possible for us to win when we depend on The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We should never believe the devil when he tells us something is just too hard...we should always believe what God says "All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:12) All things...!!!

No comments: