I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12.21.11

Psalm 140:13 Surely righteous people are praising your name; the godly will life in your presence.

My Thoughts
Surely righteous people are praising your name!!... I can't believe how long it took me in my life to learn to praise God throughout the day!! God made me right with him by sending His son, Jesus to die on the cross for my sins.  Psalms 121:4 tells us that God never rest that God is always watching over us.  Yesterday I was on the phone with my daughter as she was driving home from work.... she laid the phone down to cross over some traffic.... I heard her thank God that the traffic opened up for her... it made me smile. There is so much I need to remember to thank God for... to praise God for!!  Our minds are so often just idle... filled with random thoughts... our minds are a playground for Satin himself when we let them wander. Oh how Satin loves to attack us and tell us what we have done wrong... how we are not enough... anything that will frustrate us or make us feel anxious.  If we fill our mind with thoughts of praise, if we stay constantly aware of what God is doing in our day and remember to say "Thank you, God." When our mind is busy with God, Satin has less room! And we draw God closer! 

We have all had those days when we spent our whole day doing for our families.... our spouses, our children and thought,  "I wish somebody would notice, would just say thank you!!" All that we have comes from God, the air we breath, the beauty we see, the heat in our homes, the food on our table, our health, our loved ones, our TVs and computers, our animals... the beds we sleep on..the covers we cuddle under... everything is a gift from God. Yet we can go days without remembering to even udder a thank you. When we should have thank you on our tongue so often that we have to stop those "thanks yous" to have a conversation. Yet we go about so busy with our conversations that we don't say the "thank yous."

The more I become aware of God and all His goodness, the more I say thank you. But, I still don't tell God thank you near enough. As I sit here and look at my Christmas tree, with it collection of 31 years worth or ornaments I don't remember, until just this moment, ever telling God thank you for any of them. How sad that makes me, each of those ornaments have a memory, a pleasant, happy moment that God took the time to plan out for me. The ones on the tree from my children have a memory of something that represented a special something that we, they enjoyed that year. Each ornament is tied to so much I should have said thank you, to God, for.

The wonderful thing about God is... when I say today, "God I am so sorry that I didn't say thank you near enough." God will forgive me. God will smile, God will tell my heart that what is important is that I am learning to thank Him and praise Him now. I have come so far, but I still have so far to go! Today, my goal for the rest of my days is to be aware, totally aware of God's constant presence in my life and to remember to say thank you, all day long, every day. God is so good to me, not only do I want to remember to thank Him. I want to remember to be constantly aware that everything I have, God gave me.

When we become so totally aware that God is so constantly present in all that we are, in all that we have,in  all that we do we can't help but feel loved! The more we feel love the more we give love. Total awareness of God's presence in our lives is life changing. When those life changing moments come from God they are only good!

No comments: