I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 15, 2011

12.15.11

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

My Thoughts
I admit this one was hard for me to get at first. Sometimes I have those moments or days were I just didn't know how to be thankful.  I remember thinking what is there in this moment to be thankful for??  The more I know God the more I know how to be thankful! In bad moments I can be thankful for what I am going to learn and how I am going to grow. I can be thankful that God is with me and I know that it could be so much worse without God by my side. I can be thankful that God will give me double for my trouble when I act with grace, compassion and mercy...when I pray for the people that feel like my enemies.  I can be thankful that God gives me new days to start over.  What I am learning about being thankful in all circumstances is that when I stop to be thankful the weight of what is happening at the moment decreases.... the good begins to feel bigger and the bad smaller.  When I am thankful on the bad days and in the bad moments I am more aware that God is with me and that with God all things are possible. When I find things to be thankful for it gets my mind off my troubles and back on God. There is always, ALWAYS something to be thankful for! When I am thankful it draws God near... so even if the problem I am having is bigger than me... it is never bigger than God.

I see it like this in my mind...when I am drowning in a problem... it can feel like I am being swallowed up by the sea...but when I call out to God and tell him thank you, He parts the water...makes the land dry beneath my feet.... and I am able to handle anything with His grace.  Then I am thankful that God loves me so much that he would part the waters and not let me drown in my problems.

No comments: