I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 2, 2011

12.2.2

Psalms 121:5-6 The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stand beside you as your protective shade.  The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.

My Thoughts
I could relate to this verse.... I have Lupus, and the sun is really toxic to Lupus patients.... If I get in the sun for any period of time I am exhausted, completely, utterly exhausted.  Occasionally something comes up that I just want to do bad enough to weather the sun... so I suit up in my sunscreen and my long sleeves and go off to a craft fair, enjoy myself for a couple of hours...then end up in bed for the rest of that day and a couple of days after..... If I was an outside person I would be really in trouble... those Lupus patients often end up with really painful skin rashes.  My daughter and son-in-law lived in Memphis for a while ...we would take the 5 hour trip there and back once a month...I would sit in the back where the windows were tinted...and still I would need rest for the whole next week.

These facts got me to thinking about the Lord being a protective shade...how huge that is.... God himself fills me with joy... joy gives us energy... joy actually protects us from being exhausted. God gives us his grace to help us accomplish anything we can not do on our own.... that protects us by making me able even when I think I can't .. We have God's word as armor against what the devil tells us. When we speak God's word  out loud it is stronger than anything the devil tries to bring against us. God never sleeps (verse 4) he is ALWAYS, ALWAYS watching over us and protecting us.

I picture like this.... God holding a huge, huge umbrella.... we always have the choice to stand next to God and be protected from the sun... He is there saying come and stand with me...I love you and want with all my heart to keep you safe.... our part, and we always have a part, is to choose to stand in God's protection.

I am constantly re-amazed by how much God loves us...how much he loves me...how much he loves you!!  The more I learn about God's love the more I love God back...the more joy I feel... the more faith I have! It just makes me happy!!




No comments: