I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 26, 2011

12.26.11

Psalms 145:20 The Lord protects all those who love him, but he destroys the wicked.

My Thoughts
I love this!!  If we just love God, really love God we become so precious to him that he protects us. It doesn't say he protects us when we are perfect. It doesn't say He protects us if we never sin. He protects us if. It says God protects all those who love Him. When we love God he is always watching over us!!... Always. The wonderful thing about loving God is when we do, we we get to know God enough to really, truly love him, he gives us the desire and the power to do better (Philippians 2:13).  So even as we are learning...even as our desire is growing, even as our power is growing, God is protecting us.

We see so many things as lucky when luck has nothing to do with it..it is God with his mighty hand protecting us.  Those are the moments that we can see...the moments when we almost have a wreak or we almost fall. Moments when we almost do the wrong thing but do the right thing instead...that is God protecting us!  There are no telling how many times in a day when I life could have changed in an instant that we don't even know about. Times when we run into a friend that seems to take to long...times when we end up in the "long" check out line....that could be God keeping us out of harms way... we just never know what God does protect us from. All we have to know is that when we love God, truly love God, He protect us all the time.

Next time we have a moment when you think "Oh, man was I lucky!" We need to top and thank God for being there to protect us!

No comments: