I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12.7.11

Hosea 6:3 Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in the early spring.

My Thoughts
Press on.... I looked that up... it means to move forward.... it means to advance, to march on, to press.  Another words keep at it!! ... work at it.. do it even when it is hard.... make every effort to know God.  That means if we have to get up a little early to make time... or if we have to get books on CD to listen to in the car or if we have to stay up a little late...it is our responsibility to make an effort, to advance our knowledge of God. The more we seek after God the more God give us,  so making the time for God is well worth the effort. There is no better dividend on our time. It says right here in Hosea that God will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring!!  These are two wonderful word pictures.... the sun rising in the morning filling the darkness with so much light...it's brilliant and amazing... it is full of hope and something new.... it fills your heart if you are awake and see the dawn. And spring rains...oh wow.... they pour down... and fill the ground overflowing...the cause new things to grow beautiful and healthy.... they make make things grow that fill the earth with color, and happiness...even the birds sing the most beautiful songs after a spring rain. 

When we seek after God, God responds to us! He responds in amazing ways...giving us hope and a newness of life... God pours out his blessings on us... He makes our life new and bright... when we press on and get to know God better and better we become like the birds in spring...we have songs to sing!!! Our part... and we always have a part... is to press on to know God.  What will you do today to know God better? Do something.. at least one thing... so the darkness will fade away... so that God can pour out his blessings and make your life new...do at least one thing today to know God better!!!

Me holding your face in my hands...looking into your eyes... right into your eyes with great love!!... "Take time for God... God loves you so, so, so much!... God has so much to give you! Please promise me that you will not pass that up! Promise me!!  God can do amazing thing!"

No comments: