I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 9, 2011

12.9.11

Revelations 1:3 God blesses the one who reads the words of his prophecy to the church and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey with it says, for the time is near.

My Thoughts
God is always telling us to do what He ask...and always telling us that if we do he will bless us! The only way to do what God aks is to take the time to hear, read and learn what God has commanded us to do.  His commandments are for our good... just like we make rules for our children so they will grow up safe and strong, and good... God makes rules for us to make our lives better...and to make the lives of the people around us better. God wants to bless us... he leaves nothing secret making us guess about it so hopefully we will get it right... God tells us exactly what he wants us to do so that he can bless us!!.. Right here He adds "for the time is near." God does not want us to run out of time... to put off what we know we should do...God does not want us to miss out on all that he has in store for us.

I love that,  all that God has "in store" for us... I just had this picture in my head of a store filled up with God's blessings... full...packed out!!... Blessings in boxes, ours just for the asking...Jesus paid the price for us to have these blessings... all God ask of us is that we act responsible and follow his rules...the we can have all the things in the store we want if we just ask for it!  God is saying... Jesus paid for your sins... and now all I need you to do to get your blessings is be responsible human beings....then I will pour out all these blessings I have "in store" down upon you! 

God wants to bless us... God does not want us to miss out on heaven and all those blessings... God loves us so much. We just have to do our part...and we always have a part... we need to learn what God ask of us... we need to become responsible Christians.

No comments: