I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 12, 2011

12.12.11

Psalms 131:1a-2b I don't concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp.  Instead, I have calmed and quited myself like a weaned child who no longer needs his mother's milk.

My Thoughts
I love these words, just love them. David is to the point where he understands that  he doesn't  have to know because God knows! He doesn't  have to worry because God is in control!  It doesn't matter how big something is God will take care of it. David just feels calm, peaceful with the action of giving everything to God!  It just makes me smile.

I can't wait to be there where David is in this passage! I am so much better than I use to be... the more I know God, the more I study God's word the better I get! But, I still have so far to go!! My anxiety use to be off the chart!!... Often to the point of panic... now I am calm at least 90% of the time or more!!... and that is when I am awake!!   The peace of God amazes me every time I stop and think about it.... when I take time to think about the peace of God I always smile... The more I know God, the more I am able to stop myself when  an anxiety attack starts. I am able to use God's word, speak it out loud and calm my fears. If it is something that is going to happen that I am starting to worry about...I say "God, you are bigger than anything that I face. You word tells me that you that are in me is greater than anything in the world."  If I don't know what I am anxious about I can say "God I have no idea where this is coming from, but I know that you are in control...I am going to trust you because you are bigger than anything I face. Please bring me peace. If I have done something I shouldn't have please forgive me. Please show me what it was so I can do better."  When I do this peace comes over me...sometimes I have to keep repeating it until I remember that it is so true. But it always brings me peace..in a matter of a few minutes or even an hour sometimes. Peace always comes..and when I look back I say well look at that...that is something that use to mess me up for days or even a couple of weeks...now it is all better because of the peace of God! That peace has come over me enough that I can draw on the fact that I know when I gave my problem to God last time things were all better. And the time before that and the time before that and....  The more history I have with God the more I understand just what God can and will do in my life. This is what David had, a history with God. A history of God taking care of him. That history, that trust, that knowing is where David got his peace. Where David got his knowledge that God was taking care of the matters to great or too awesome to understand.

God spoke the world into existence... God spoke the darkness and light into being... God spoke the sun and the moon and the stars and the animals into being.  If God's words, just his words,  can do all that just think how powerful just repeating them out loud is!! We never need as much power as God needed to speak everything into existence... we just need enough to calm our spirit enough to hear what God has to tell us. God's word never comes back void (Isaiah 55:11). God gave us His word to use! God has made sure it survived so much, God wants us to use his word to do battle against the evils of the world. This is something David understood and it brought him peace. It can bring  us peace...the more we know God's word the more peace we can have.

No comments: