I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12.27.11

Psalm 146:8b The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly.

My Thoughts
I love this! God has so lifted me up this past year! So many times... I could not have gotten through the death of my mom had I know grown so close to God. Sure I would have made it when my mom died... but it would have been so much harder...I would have gone into a deep depression, I am sure had I not had the relationship I now have with God. God loved me so much,  that even when I didn't know him like I should, he set it up so I would be close to Him when my mom died. I will always believe that! God knew that I had the desire to love Him, and that I just didn't know how. God put my One Year Bible in my hand through my son so that I would read it. God put Life Church in my path so that I would be surrounded by people that would help me grow. Then when I faced the hardest thing I have ever faced God lifted me up.

I have learned so much in the past two years about giving all my cares to God! It is amazing how much my world is the same but my life is so completely different!! Now when I feel myself going into one of those places that use to put me to bed for days!!  I first tell the devil that God is on my side and that I will not believe his lies. Then I give my day to God. I say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)." I talk to God about what is bothering me.  I repeat scripture that builds me up and makes me know that I am not alone, I know that I have God who is bigger than anything in the world (1John 4"4). Before you know it I am going about my business feeling pretty joyful and I have forgotten that I had even started to get upset. Actually completely forgotten that I was even about to be upset! Then later in the day I remember and think I can't even believe that I let that upset me for a minute!!... I am talking about a problem that use to put me to bed from stress!!!  God does lift up those who are weighed down!  I am constantly amazed at the love that God has for me! God loves to take care of us! Our part, and we always have a part, is to give all our cares to God and let God do the rest.

My wish for 2012 is that I can reach somebody, make them understand that reading God's word will change their life...and  that their relationship with God grows as much as mine has. That one day I can hear them say what I feel, that the joy of the Lord is my strength!! God is so good! God loves us so much! God is bigger than anything we face in this world. God wants to take care of us...we just have to learn how to let Him.

No comments: