I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12.13.11

Proverbs 29:25 Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safty.

My Thoughts
I lived so much of my life in fear of people...not horribly afraid.... just in fear of making somebody upset at me... or afraid of disjointing someone... or fear of someone not liking me. I admit that many times I did things I didn't want to do, things I knew were not the right thing to do, because of that fear. I would often make wrong choices for what felt like the right reasons.  Then I had to go about living with the shame of doing wrong. It was a horrible way to live, in constant fear. This is not a fear that anybody put on me... it was a fear that I took on myself. It was something the devil used to control me. And I let it work. I didn't really know how to do it different.

As I began to build my relationship with God all that begin to change. I started learning to ask myself if God would be happy with me if.  The more I know God the more I am able to make better choices.  So often knowing God narrows my choices down to one ... that is actually so freeing to have only one choice. It is definitely freeing to choose to please God over people!!  God will only want what is good for me. People often choose what makes them feel good at the moment. When I choose what God would want I get to feel good forever about that particular choice. When I trust in God I have no regret later, I have no guilt later...I have peace in my heart. I even know that if somebody gets upset at me because I didn't do what they wanted it will all be okay because God is in control and he will reward me, he will protect me when I do what He would have me do. God always has my best interest at heart.

If only I had learned this sooner in my life I would have been spared so much grief and guilt and  pain. What is important is that I know it now... building a relationship with God only makes life get better, and better and better. And better!!

No comments: