I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12.28.11

Zechariah 12:1 This message concerning the fate of Israel came from the Lord: "This message is from the Lord, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundations of the earth, and formed the human spirit.

My Thoughts
I loved this..."who formed the human spirit!!" We can look at the vastness of the earth...and of the creations...all the splendor and beauty... and it can just take our breath away. The grand canyon, the Smokey Mountains, the ocean, beautiful falls of rushing water... flowers in the spring time.... We understand that God made all of that! When we stop to think about it we are amazed.  The heavens... the stars, the moon and sun... other planets... so much out there that we don't understand ....but when we look up on a clear night... or are lucky enough to see a meteor shower.. we are amazed at all that God created!  It can be mind boggling.

I have stopped in my lifetime and been amazed at the outstretched heavens...and the beautiful wonders of the earth... but, I have never stopped to be amazed at the human spirit that belongs to me. Yet when I stop and really think about it... I know that it is amazing! I love how in this verse God, himself, tells us that he formed the human spirit. I imagine Him taking our spirit first and holding it in His hands and molding it as He spoke strength and resilience into it... He spoke love and compassion into it.... our spirit is small enough to fit inside of us yet large enough to hold so much ... our spirit not our minds holds the information that God exist...that God loves us... that God is peace and love and joy.... our spirit can hold all that God will give us and yet fit inside our earthly bodies. That is truly amazing. I imagine that God said... you spirit, Jeannie's spirit you are meant to be loved by Me... you are made to love Me back.... and you are meant to take that love and spread it out into the world... You spirit are strong enough to bounce back when the devil finds his way in... you, spirit are meant to always seek after me and when you do you will experience love, joy, happiness, peace beyond the ability for the mind that is attached to you, to understand. I imagine that God held our spirit in His hands and formed it... talked over it.... blessed it....loved it as he placed it into our human bodies. That spirit is why we can endure so much on this earth and keep going.

That spirit inside each and every one of us... our spirit...where God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell.... is amazingly, wonderfully made... formed by God, himself. Our spirit is more special than the most exotic flower... or the biggest water fall... it is more amazing than the planets we have yet to discover. We need to cherish our spirits enough to fill them with the things they were made for.... treat them like the wonderful wonder that they are. We need to take the time to feed our spirits with all that God wants us to know... after all God took the time to form our spirit before He placed it in our bodies... and it serves us well, it gets us through, it urges us on... our spirit is where our strength and love comes from... our spirit, after all, is who we are...this body and mind that we carry around on this earth is just the vessel to house it. What will you do to nourish your spirit today? That spirit that God, Himself took the time to form. I know that I will forever see my spirit differently after today.

No comments: